One of Europe’s leading alternative
investment management firms.
Job Title |Portfolio Analyst
BUSINESS AREA: Portfolio Management
LOCATION: London, SW1
LCM Partners is one of Europe’s leading alternative investment management firms with over 20 years’ experience investing in private debt.
Established in 1998, the Group is responsible for managing over €60bn of loans as a specialist in the investment and management of performing and non-performing receivables with over 1,000 people in 12 offices across nine European countries. Specialising in the more granular end of the private credit markets, the firm acquires pools of loans from financial institutions via the LCM Credit Opportunities fund strategy (COPS) and provides new origination through its direct lending fund strategy, LCM Strategic Origination & Lending Opportunities (SOLO).
The Job Holder will work as a Portfolio Analyst assisting with pan-European portfolio management. The role will be based in London but may require travel within the UK and to offices in Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Poland, France and Portugal, as well as other markets where we might invest.
Career at LCM Partners
We foster a forward-thinking culture and we always seek out ways to improve. Our people embrace challenges, solve problems with creativity, analysis, and a positive attitude. We work hard and take pride in what we do. Our business is growing and we’d like you to be part of our team.
What you'll do
From day one you’ll be fully involved within the Portfolio Management team, helping LCM Partners to achieve its investment goals. You’ll assist the Portfolio Manager with specific projects and tasks in the following areas:
- Management of our servicing partners’ activities for predominantly unsecured loan portfolios
- Assisting the Transaction Execution Director with the on-boarding of new investments
- Monitoring the different servicing strategies followed in each portfolio including investigation of trends and cost/benefit analysis
- Gathering portfolio performance information and manipulating data
- Analysis and review of data for reporting of portfolio performance and making recommendations for action
- Tracking costs and servicing fees linked to each individual portfolio
- Supporting the Portfolio Manager in regular reviews with servicers
- Other operational analytical tasks / projects as required
- University graduate, preferably with a specialisation in finance, accounting, investment analysis, financial management or statistical analysis
- Other relevant professional / financial qualifications may also be of benefit
- Prior experience or internships in data management, portfolio management, credit investment or servicing, banking, corporate finance, management consultancy or professional services
- Numeracy with strong mathematical ability to assimilate and analyse data are essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Written & spoken English to a high standard
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel to an advanced level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – articulate, confident and self-assured, in order to deal effectively with colleagues and third parties
- The aptitude to deal with volume queries and multi-task
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, German or French would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn
Our reward for your work
- Competitive salary
- Participation in discretionary annual performance related bonus (as an additional % of salary)
- Fully paid comprehensive health care plan
- Other benefits include pension and life insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Regular social agenda
Participation in descretionary annual
performance related bonus
LCM Partners Limited (8044232) and LCM Capital LLP (OC 357678) are registered in England and Wales with registered offices at The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AN. LCM Partners Limited (FRN: 706257) is an Appointed Representative of LCM Capital LLP (FRN: 534658) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. LCM and LCM Partners are the names under which these entities provide investment products and services. The information on this site is issued and approved by LCM Partners Limited. We may record telephone calls for our mutual protection and to improve customer service. ©2023, LCM Partners Limited.