One of Europe’s leading alternative
investment management firms.
Job Title |Portfolio Valuations Manager
BUSINESS AREA: Portfolio Valuations
LOCATION: London, SW1
LCM Partners is one of Europe’s leading alternative investment management firms with over 24 years’ experience investing in private debt.
Established in 1998, the Group is responsible for managing over €60bn of loans as a specialist in the investment and management of performing and non-performing receivables with over 1,000 people in 14 offices across nine European countries. Specialising in the more granular end of the private credit markets, the firm acquires pools of loans from financial institutions via the LCM Credit Opportunities fund strategy (COPS) and provides new origination through its direct lending fund strategy, LCM Strategic Origination & Lending Opportunities (SOLO).
The Job Holder will be responsible for maintaining and developing the monitoring and valuation models for LCM’s private credit investments in its asset backed lending strategy (SOLO).
We foster a forward-thinking culture and we always seek out ways to improve. Our people embrace challenge, solving problems with creativity, analysis, and a positive attitude. We work hard and take pride in what we do. Our business is growing and we’d like you to be part of our team.
What you'll do
From day one you’ll be fully involved within the Portfolio Valuations team with specific projects and tasks in the following areas:
- Monitoring investments and producing valuation models
- Advise on, develop and be responsible for the implementation of the funds’ valuations policies
- Report to the Investment Committee and the Valuations Committee on specific and general aspects of investment analysis
- Develop and maintain a high-quality environment of analytical reporting, within and outside Excel as required
- Work with the Investment Team to ensure that new investments are correctly valued and on boarded to the valuations model
- Work closely alongside the Transaction Execution Director to run and maintain a monitoring framework on asset-backed portfolios
- Work with Fund Operations teams to ensure investments are correctly valued and tracked in line with fund accounting requirements and within the required reporting timelines
- Support Investor Relations in preparation of fund related reporting materials
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed
- Minimum 3 years’ prior finance experience in asset management, investment banking or professional services preferred
- University graduate, preferably with a specialisation in finance, accounting, investment analysis, financial management or statistical analysis
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of investment valuation and analysis (alternative credit preferred)
- Strong financial modelling and valuations skills
- Numeracy with strong mathematical ability
- Strong communication skills – articulate, confident and self-assured, in order to deal effectively and appropriately with all individuals internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capability to deal with volumes of queries and demands and to multi-task
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel to an advanced level
- Working knowledge of Python (or programming skills in general) is a positive
Our reward for your work
- Competitive salary
- Participation in discretionary annual performance related bonus (as an additional % of salary)
- Fully paid comprehensive health care plan
- Other benefits include pension and life insurance
- 25 days holiday
Portfolio Valuations Manager
Participation in descretionary annual
performance related bonus
LCM Partners Limited (8044232) and LCM Capital LLP (OC 357678) are registered in England and Wales with registered offices at The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AN. LCM Partners Limited (FRN: 706257) is an Appointed Representative of LCM Capital LLP (FRN: 534658) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. LCM and LCM Partners are the names under which these entities provide investment products and services. The information on this site is issued and approved by LCM Partners Limited. We may record telephone calls for our mutual protection and to improve customer service. ©2023, LCM Partners Limited.