LCM Partners hires new Head of Asset Finance Origination
LCM Partners, a leading alternative investment management firm, has announced Graeme Laing has joined as Head of Origination, Asset Finance, further adding to its experienced team of credit professionals.
Graeme brings a deep product understanding and an extensive asset finance network, having worked in the credit and banking sector for over 22 years for companies such as CSA Financial, Bank of London and The Middle East and CIT Group. Laing’s appointment comes at an opportune time for LCM – the firm recently closed its €2 billion LCM Partners Credit Opportunities III strategy and sees plenty of opportunity for making further investments in the asset finance and leasing space. Figures from the FLA for Q4 2016 reveal the asset finance sector continues to grow strongly in the UK, with new business volumes having experienced 37 consecutive months of increase in a total market worth over £30 billion.
In 2016, LCM made a substantial investment in the asset finance area, setting up Victoria Asset Finance (VAF) which acquired a €400m portfolio from a European originator exiting the UK.
Based in LCM’s London headquarters, Graeme will work to further leverage the VAF acquisition by sourcing asset finance investment and new origination opportunities for LCM and its funds.
“We are delighted to have someone of Graeme’s calibre on board as we continue to explore and invest in asset finance portfolios in a market that has shown substantial growth and opportunity. I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead for the Group in this area and look forward to working with Graeme as we build out our Asset Finance presence not just in the UK, but across Europe.”
Selina Burdell, COO – LCM Partners
“I am relishing the opportunity to start a new challenge within a very well respected and award- winning asset management firm. I look forward to working with the LCM team as well as credit originators, OEMs and equipment resellers to further develop the firm’s footprint in what continues to be an evolving and exciting market”.
Graeme Laing, Head of Origination, Asset Finance – LCM Partners
Notes to Editors:
- LCM Partners is an alternative asset manager, specialising in credit
- With an 18 year track record investing in loan portfolios (since 1999), LCM Partners has delivered consistent returns with low relative volatility through annual vintages across numerous business cycles with an unleveraged gross IRR of 14.9%
- To date, LCM Partners has bought over 2000 transactions and manages over €15.5 billion of loans
- The firm is part of the Link Financial Group which has 10 offices in 7 countries across Europe
- LCM Partners has won and been nominated for a number of awards in 2016 including European Distressed Debt Investor at the Private Debt Investor awards